搜尋此網誌

2024年3月20日 星期三

來點簡單文法測試

下列哪一句文法上是錯的?

A. Me and my sister went to see our little brother’s high school graduation.

B. John and I are going to treat you all to dinner tonight.

C. Can you meet Sarah and me at Target later?







=========================



答案: A

A 句應改為 I and my sister went to see our little brother’s high school graduation.

這題不難, 想看解釋, 如下原文.

Choosing between “I” and “me” is very tricky, especially since people are very quick to correct anyone who says “…and me” with “…and I.” But sometimes, as in Choice C, “…and me” is correct. It depends on whether the first-person pronoun is part of the subject or the object. An easy trick to figure it out is to remove the other person and see if “me” or “I” sounds better. In Choice A, “Me went to see my little brother’s high school graduation” doesn’t make sense, so it should be “My sister and I.” In Choice C, though, “Can you meet me at Target later?” does make sense.



以下哪句的逗號用對了?

A. No, I don’t think it’s a good idea to start your essay the day before it’s due.

B. I ate an ice cream cone, and a piece of cake.

C. I’m bringing my favorite snacks, bug spray and a beach chair.









===================================

答案: A

B句應改為 I ate an ice cream cone and a piece of cake.(不需要逗號, 因為只有兩種東西, 三種或以上時才需要逗號)

C句應改為 I’m bringing my favorite snacks, bug spray, and a beach chair.(三項或以上時, 最後一項前面要加逗號.)



下面哪句的撇號用對了?

A. Please pick up some banana’s at the grocery store.

B. Who’s cell phone is on the table here?

C. Please fill the cats’ food bowl—Tiger and Fluffy won’t stop meowing at me!









==================================

答案: C

A 句應改為 Please pick up some bananas at the grocery store.

bananas複數直接加S就好, 不需要撇號


B 句應改為 Whose cell phone is on the table here? 

Who's 是 who is 或who has 的縮寫, whose 是 who 的所有格, 這裡指的是"誰的", 是所有格, 故應為 whose.

沒有留言:

張貼留言